4.25.2007

Covered in Paint

Well we spent this weekend helping our Darling Daughter and her BF painting their new home. We finished the kitchen, hall, dining room, office and living room. That leaves them two bedrooms to do on their own. Darling Daughter and I un-packed and put away many boxes.
There were a few instances of excitement as Darling Daughters JRT Trouble walked through the paint tray. That resulted in an unplanned bath for him.

On knitting news, I have missed 3 meet ups in a row. Last night it was because I had to help my parents pack items that are being auctioned. They are moving in a month and are selling a lot of the antiques and crystal that they have collected over the years. I was able to work on the Moss Grid Hand Towel from Mason Dixon. I am using Flaxen by Buzzy Yarns. It is a Linen/Acrylic/Lurex blend in the color 304 wheat. It is turning out quite nice. I am hooked on these women. Last week I finished the Asorba, The Great Bathmat. I used four colors of Peaches and Cream so that each strip was different. It is awesome. I plan to make several more. It was quick and easy. The perfect thing to knit while socializing or watching TV. The big plan this week is to start my sock for my Hurricane Sock Party Pal. I haven't seen her questionnaire, but have purchased a beautiful yarn(Fortissima Socka) and chosen a pattern from Favorite Socks 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave. I think she will be pleased. Her skills are better than mine, however from reading her blog I think she will appreciate the pattern and the beauty of the yarn.

The big excitement around here lately is that we have entered into negotiations to purchase a business in Key West. The whole process is so nerve wracking. The scary part is selling two homes (I hate having to make the FAKE house), a business here and relocating all while trying to take over another business that we have no experience in. Oh and to have it all go smoothly. Possible? Lets hope so. This will be life changing for all of us. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 20 years. I'm not sure that I can start a new career at 41. I'm terrified, excited, apprehensive, happy, sad. Oh no is this menopause? I haven't slept in a month since this all came about. I have always wanted to live in Key West. Last year we purchased a condo and I thought we would retire there. This is all happening way sooner than I thought it would. I guess that is how opportunities happen.

No comments: