4.10.2007

Hurricane Questionaire

Ok here it goes...

2. My pets would say... The woman is a nut, but we like her that way. She cooks for us from scratch. Our mom never makes us do anything we don't want to except spa day. She thinks because she likes to go to the spa that we want baths, pedicures, and our ears and teeth cleaned.
Mom sacrifices for us. She will stop cleaning or cooking or doing laundry to sit on the sofa with us in her lap. We let he knit so she thinks it is her idea. She is well trained.

3. My favorite hurricane snack is trail mix with choc.

4. Sock patterns usually fit, I do not modify much.

4a. 9" from heel to toe, 8.5" around.

5. I would visit any city or small town in Ireland. My ancestors are from there and I have always been entranced by the place.

6. I only wear socks during the winter, I like regular height.

7. During our last power outage (18 hours) I knit all day, then by lantern. It helped to keep me warm as it was snowing and well below 0 degrees.

8. I have only knit one pair of socks, and have one on the needles. I am a new sock knitter, so would be happy with any.

9. I so love wearing and showing off the socks I knit that I want to do more.

10. I'd love socks made from any yarn, I love all colors too!! I wear a lot of jeans.

11. My favorite needles are from Lantern Moon and Brittany. My first pair of socks were knit on size 5s the pair on the needles are size 3. I use DPN.

12. If I could take 3 books and one completed item when I evacuate it would be my Mohair afghan, and Knitting for Dummies, Sally Melville's The Knit Stitch, And Yarn Play. I did say I was a new knitter, self taught too.

13. I just purchased a swift, so I'm cool.

14. I love The Closer & Shark.

15. Any sock, I am not picky.

16. On a hot night with power having been off for 2 days, I'd crave vanilla ice cream for something sweet.

17. We were on vacation in Myrtle Beach and were ordered to evacuate. We decided to head west since the storm was headed north and that's where we live. It took 10 hours to get from Myrtle Beach to Ashville. No hotel rooms for 100 miles. We ended up in Hot Springs ,NC. We had cabins on the river, a campfire area, hot springs to lounge in, and everything you need for a beach vacation and nothing for a mountain trip. It was 2 hours to the nearest Walmart for jeans, blankets, camp stove, pillows, ect. We were able to salvage our vacation. We returned home to a flooded basement that had to be gutted and refinished. Now every time we head out our kids think we are having an adventure. It seems we have had our share!

18. I swore last year that we would get a generator. We got one for the last ice storm so we are set.

19. I love natural colors, nothing too bright. The colors of the sea, beach ,shells.

No comments: