10.04.2012

Paradox

It is interesting, if you were to ask me about my daughter one thing I would say is that she is a homebody. She loves being home.

Tonight we pick her up from the airport, she is returning from Peru where she has spent the last six weeks. So maybe she isn't a homebody. She has been on five of the seven continents, visited Australia, China, Tibet, South Africa and now Peru. All these trips have centered around learning and at times she was homesick yet she pushed on. I also know she has future plans to travel. Her career choice will most certainly call for travel.

So how can she be a homebody? There is the paradox. I don't think we need to be one thing or the other. What is important in my opinion is to be present wherever you are or whatever you are doing and whoever you are with.

So I am challenging myself to become a paradox and be present in every situation and not be one thing or the other.

No comments: