1.15.2008

A Wonderful Sunday

Sunday I hosted my knitting meetup group. I prepare an awesome (if I do say so myself) Chesapeake Chowder. I do have to Thank the Love of My Life and my son for Cleaning the entire house. They were such a huge help. They even did the baseboards. I will definitely be keeping them!

There ended up being nine of us. It was such a great way to spend an overcast winters day. I worked on a pair of cabled sock made with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, and Alex's tribal sweater. Thanks to Cheryl for un-knotting the yarn that Loki "knitted". That puppy sure has good taste. He tangled a baby alpaca, wool and silk blend that I am using for Alex's sweater. Michelle brought cookies and socks to knit. We had two new people join our group Lenore and Kathy. We were also glad that a few we haven't seen in a while were able to attend. Robin came with her daughter Veronica. Veronica brought a friend, Abby. I love seeing the next generation appreciating hand work. Amber (not my Amber) was here to share all her big news. She is engaged, so can now safely knit a sweater for her sweetheart. Her other news was that she is being deployed to Iraq for 6 months.

I am so blessed to have a hobby that allows me to meet and become friends with so many awesome people.

No comments: